A modern bank client does not have to go to a bank to receive services. You can transfer money, replenish an account and even open a deposit remotely – you just need to have a phone, tablet or computer.
What is Internet Banking?
Internet banking is a system that allows you to receive bank services via the Internet, for example, transfer money, pay bills, repay a loan. You can access the Internet Bank from a computer, tablet, smartphone simply through a browser. However, you can put special applications on mobile gadgets – they are more convenient to use. But before downloading the application or logging in to the bank’s website, activate the Internet Banking service.
How to connect to Internet Banking?
If you are already a client of the bank (you have a bank card or account), you can use the Internet bank. But first, you need to additionally register in the Internet Bank. The registration procedure is determined by the bank itself. This can be done via the Internet, or you will have to come to the office with an ID and write an application. Some banks allow you to connect to the Internet bank through ATMs – without personally contacting the bank.
What can be done through Internet Banking?
The capabilities of a modern internet bank usually include:
• personal account with information on the amounts that are on your accounts, cards (often deposits and loans);
• history of online transactions and account statements;
• the ability to leave a request for an additional service (insurance, credit, deposit). In many banks, you can open a deposit without personally contacting the bank but completely remotely;
• the ability to transfer money from account to account within the bank and to third-party banks;
• the ability to pay for common services (utilities, telephone, TV and Internet);
• additional opportunities for planning your personal budget: you can keep track of what you spend money on, set financial goals and save money for them.
How much does the Internet banking service cost?
Most often, internet banking is a free service. You don’t pay for going to the bank branch, do you? So you don’t have to pay for a virtual visit.
But at least you will have to pay for the Internet, for servicing the card and for the banking operations – different banks have different tariffs. At the same time, banking transactions in the Internet bank will be cheaper than the same transactions in a bank branch. For example, commissions for transfers are usually lower because the bank saves money: you don’t have to spend money on service personnel in the Internet bank.
Mobile banking is a service that allows you to receive information about card transactions, transfer money and perform other operations using a mobile phone.
How to connect internet bank without internet
The bank’s clients are provided with several options for connecting the service without using the World Wide Web.
- At a bank branch. You can go to the office with your ID and a plastic card. After filling out the corresponding application and signing the banking service agreement, the bank specialist will connect you to the Internet banking system, after which you will receive the login details and detailed instructions on how to use it;
- Through terminals and ATMs. This method is convenient for those who do not have time to visit the office. The application can be connected through self-service terminals and bank ATMs. To do this, use your existing plastic card. It must be entered into an ATM or terminal, then select the “Bank Online” menu item and enter your ID data. The system will print you a check with your login and password from the Internet banking system, which you can later change if you wish;
- Through the service number. For those who find it inconvenient to visit the office and go to the nearest ATM, there is an opportunity to connect to the Internet banking system remotely. To do this, you need to call the hotline of the financial institution. Dial the number from the phone that is linked to the card. The operator will need to provide ID details and bank card number in order to undergo full authorization (you’d better keep an identity document and debit plastic on hand). The identification data for the initial login will be dictated to you by the answering machine. After entering your personal account, you can change your username and password.
How to connect Online Banking via the Internet
If you have already activated the Mobile Banking service, you can activate the service virtually, without leaving your home.
Let’s list what you need for this:
- valid debit card of the bank;
- mobile phone to which the Mobile Banking is connected;
- personal computer with uninterrupted access to the Internet.
The registration procedure will take just a couple of minutes of your time.
You will need to perform a few simple steps:
- go to the bank’s website, go to the registration menu and enter your plastic card number;
- enter the SMS password, which will be sent to the number linked to your card;
- come up with a username and password that you will use to enter the system in the future.
Login and password must comply with the complexity conditions set by the system – this will ensure the safety of your work in the service. After that, the user will need to enter a one-time password confirming the entry into the system (this procedure will need to be completed every time you log in). In the event that you do not try to enter the personal account of the system, but you still received the code, this may be the result of an attempted fraudulent activity. In such a situation, change your credentials and password as soon as possible to protect your account from hacking. Do not tell anyone the password and the code received in the SMS.
How does mobile banking work?
As soon as you perform any banking operation on your account (for example, you pay, transfer money to another account, withdraw cash from an ATM), the bank will send you an SMS about it. This helps you control your account balance and make sure that no transactions go through without your knowledge. In addition, using the phone, you can perform the following operations: pay for mobile communications, transfer money to other cards or e-wallets. Usually, mobile banking has a limit on the transactions and amounts that you can work with, and it is lower than in Internet banking.
How much does the mobile banking service cost?
Most often, mobile notifications are a paid service, but it’s worth the money. Mobile banking is a great security and precautionary measure. By connecting Mobile Banking, you can quickly monitor card transactions and quickly respond if an error occurs (for example, the payment was made twice) or you become a victim of cybercriminals. You just need to call the bank and block the card.
Online banking security
The service uses multi-stage protection of user data from hacking. All information is stored on remote servers with an effective encryption system. Access to it via the Internet can only be obtained by the client and law enforcement agencies by a court decision.
But often, bank customers become victims of fraudulent activities related to gaining access to the credentials of a mobile application. To counter cybercriminals, Online Banking has set daily limits on financial transactions. Thanks to them, even if an attacker gains access to the Internet bank, the account holder will only suffer limited harm.